Old 15-12-2007, 03:00 AM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Missing

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

I can only manage to get a little lettuce. I have to put a cage around
everything. When I first moved here I used to grow the rainbow chard as an
ornamental. Now the deer eat everything.

Time for a fence, and a dog or two. :-)
I have a small herd (of deer) here on this street and they graze on the
lawn across the street from me.

They've never bothered my gardens...

My fences are only 6', well within the hight for a deer to jump, but the
dogs discourage them!
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein