Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Tom Elliott

Default Killing Black birds (and birds of prey)

And lo, as foretold, on Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:01:21 +1100, Dissent
did write, in letters of flame, :

Geodyne wrote:

I have a black shouldered kite in the bush corridor behind my house.
It's amazing to watch it hovering on the off chance that a mouse may
stick its head out.

Unfortunately, that bush corridor is going to become first a
construction site and then a freeway in a year or so. Farewell birds.
I can provide habitat for the parrots, but not for a raptor.

Tara

Exactly! Thses birds are going to find survival hard enough without
****wit gardners killing them off.

The original poster wasn't talking about killing off native birds,
they were talking about getting rid of introduced pests such as
blackbirds etc. The problem was the method of poisoning isn't such a
great idea.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing native birds in my garden. They
love my apple tree! Plenty for all.
Happy Gardening!

--
Tom Elliott