Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Geodyne

Default Killing Black birds (and birds of prey)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:12:30 +1100, "susannah"
wrote:

I have been successful in discouraging blackbirds from my garden through
dense planting of a prickly local native shrub (Bursaria spinosa) lots of
tufting grasses, some taller species such as Acacia implexa, and other low
growing herbs, and shrubs.

I am trying to recreate the bush that is local to me, but obviously it will
never be the same.

I'm pleased to hear that. I'm planning to do just that this autumn,
when the temperature drops and the rain (hopefully) comes.

The area I live in (NW Sydney) has one of the fastest growing
populations in the country, and I've given up my dream of self
sufficiency short term to try to make up for suburban blights taking
out bushland. At least on my 1/8 of an acre, anyway.

Tara