Old 16-12-2007, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default What does your garden look like now?/Billy

Billy wrote:
In article ,
rachael simpson wrote:

BTW, my "garden" is finally a soggy mess! It has been raining here since
around 4 this afternoon. The garden is also covered in hay and horse &
cow you-know-what, as we relocated the corral for a bit. Will use a
different area come spring. Glad for the rain, but would like to see a
bit of snow before winter is over. Very thankful for the rain right now
though!

~Rae

Hi Billy!

Been watchin' the weather reports and maps for your region (NC), waitin'
for the rain. Lord, that was a long wait but I guess most of Georgia is
still waiting. I know your garden was sufferin' but how did it work out?
Last I remember, some of your plants were bouncing back.

Tomatoes and various peppers were the only ones to last at the end. The
first hard freeze/frost got them about a month ago. Flowers/Rose bushes
all pretty much survived. I'll know more about a few of them come spring.

Our rainfall here in Sonoma County is only about half of what it was
last year (about 4" so far I think).

The rain quit this morning. Not sure of exactly how much rain we got but
there are more than a few puddles still out. It was enough to completely
put out a small wildfire (about 50 acres) near by.

We are also waiting for the snow. With any luck they will get a dusting
of snow up on Cobb Mt. in Lake County soon. Otherwise, it is a 4 hr.
drive up to Tahoe (major snow). The elevation there makes some of us
geezerly flat-landers a little dizzier than usual.

I mainly want the snow for my kids to see and have a few minutes for the
older one to play in it...Said there may be a chance for some flurries
about the middle of the week. I'm sure they'll probably change that one
on us by then! That generally happens anyway.

Good to hear from you:-)

You too! I've been lurking about a bit. Not much going on in the gardens
that I would want to comment on. Been on the busy side too. Shouldn't be
on here now! I'm taking a break from getting things ready for tonight.
We are having our Christmas play at church tonight. I'm pulling double
duty and then some. (I wrote the play, directing, had to take a part due
to it being a small community in number, and got a song or 2 to sing!)
Wanna come help? We have a '57 chevy in it! LOL!

Hope you are faring well! Have a Merry Christmas if I don't get back to
you before then!

~Rae