Old 16-12-2007, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Is it OK to dig fallen leaves into the vegetable plot?

"Chris"wrote
Is it OK to dig fallen leaves into the vegetable plot?

Depends on how many. A few will rot down quite quickly but a thick layer
will take an age to rot so if you have a lot either add them to your compost
heap or do what others have suggested to make leaf mould. I add quite a lot
to our plastic Darleks which we use for our kitchen waste and they rot down
quickly in those with all the wet veg and fruit bits.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden