Old 17-12-2007, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default What does your garden look like now?

On Dec 17, 3:29 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/16/07 8:47 PM, in article
,

"mleblanca" wrote:
On Dec 14, 3:20 am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Mine is mostly covered with the 5-6 inches of snow that fell yesterday. In
a few hours, while I'm waiting at the bus stop, I'll take some shots of the
stuff poking above the snow.

Cheryl

Looking at my front garden I see
Loropetalum, all 8 feet, covered with magenta pink fringe flowers
Western Redbud, leafless, but colored with russett-purple seed pods,
two titmice are dining on them
Viburnum tinus is shiny with metallic tiny blue black berries and
beginning to burst its buds into pink white flowers.
Camellia Kanjiro whose single rose pink blooms will feed Mrs Anna
HB and Ruby crowned Kinglet until late February,

Also still with blooms, Noisette Rose, an old girl, with unknown name.
Hellebore is putting up his big ol buds,
Erica Furzey rings her tiny pink bells, while
Abutilon has a few large pink bells for the Hummers, too.

Holly Fern is loving the cool weather with dark fronds that
Contrast with lime Heuchera, daring to put up a stem of buds!

Juniper, Ceanothus, adn Muhlenbergia grasses provide a green texture.
And in the bird bath, White Crowned Sparrow takes a dip.

Emilie
NorCal

I'm headed your way!

OK just bring the Dandelion book and a quilt.
We have a travel trailer you can use for the winter!
Em