Old 17-12-2007, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] vulch@vulch.org is offline

Default Lethargic Robin

writes:

On Dec 17, 4:28 pm, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
remove my other hobby to reply
wrote:

Mine wasn't lazy, he was busy picking out insects as I sowed the second lot
of broad beans

Oh, I can't wait for spring when the robin at our lotty comes and
spends time with me.

One of the local ones here kept giving me palpitations a couple of
years ago. I was emptying a compost bin and shuffling the contents of
the next two along, he was collecting to feed a brood at a guess. I
never quite managed to pick up a shovel full with him perched on top,
or to dump a shovel full on top of him, but it was very close, very
often. Interesting watching him deal with centipedes...

Last year I did the bin dance earlier in the season...

Anthony