Old 17-12-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Lethargic Robin

wrote in message
On Dec 17, 4:28 pm, "Robert \(Plymouth\)"
remove my other hobby to reply
wrote:

Mine wasn't lazy, he was busy picking out insects as I sowed the second
lot
of broad beans

Oh, I can't wait for spring when the robin at our lotty comes and
spends time with me. I don't sow in winter and therefore hardly see
him but in the spring, he follows me about eating what I unearthed for
him. When I take a break and get my tin out to roll a fag, he perch
himself on my fork or spade, as if to say 'oy, don't stop, keep
unearthing!'.

So don't wait for spring. Just turn over a small patch of soil when you're
there, you'll keep them interested.

And stop that smoking, it stunts your growth.

Steve