Old 18-12-2007, 01:12 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default So warm the fish are awake again....

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:44:37 CST, "G Pearce"
wrote:

It went to 27 degrees last night here in Jackson. Frost is still on
the yard 9AM. So much for Indian summer.

Indian Summer?!!! - a distant memory (even the mention of frost sounds warm)
as I look out at the 4 foot snow banks (and just came in from blowing out
the driveway) & just to stay on-topic, my bubbler is keeping ~ a 16" hole
open in the pond that is under 2' of snow ( no heater or cover)

In the words of Jimmy Buffet:

"...so goddamn cold,
it's gonna snow until June,
yeah, freezing up in Buffalo,
people stuck in their cars,
and I'm lying here,
'neath the sun and the stars."

Well, it isn't quite that warm, but it isn't freezing here either.
Yesterday it was up in the 70s, and while it got down to 34 last night
there is a warming trend on the way, well, so say the weatherguessers.
By the way, according to my thermometers, as in previous years we did
not even get into triple digits here in northern Florida last summer,
huge swaths of the country reported far higher temperatures than we
did. Like I say, down here we put ice in our drinks, we don't shovel
it off the driveway.
--
Galen Hekhuis
Indecision may or may not be my problem...