Old 18-12-2007, 03:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
doofy doofy is offline

Default Vermiculture

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

The flies.

Ah.

I'm just curious... Why are your vermiculture bins attracting flies?
Fresh compost?

Yes, I guess. They're after the decomposing stuff too.

Fresh compost vs. aged compost = decomposition...

Have you tried composting separately, then feeding that to the worms?

The worms are DOING the composting. Instead of putting the stuff in a
pile somewhere, you feed it to the worms. They digest it, and it
becomes compost.

I see.

I'm not really sure how to solve a fly problem then, short of covering
the stuff, which we've already discussed. :-)

How about pine shavings?

That limits me to post-adolescent pines.