Old 18-12-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_2_] Lou Decruss[_2_] is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Greenhouse

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 05:09:56 -0800, Jack Schmidling
wrote:

We have always dreamed of having a green house. This one isn't exactly a
dream come true but it was a place to start.

I have put together a Greenhouse page for more background, pictures and
a place to post futures pictures of our activities therein.

js

We decided to invest "a bit more" money into the program and came up
with this one after much shopping around. The 4 hours estimated assembly
time turned into more like 4 days due, primarily to the very poor quality of
hardware supplied with the kit.

The actual structural parts and glazing are very nice but it's like the kingdom
that was lost because of a faulty horseshoe nail. For some reason, the
Chinese just can't get the nuts and bolts right and the crude instructions
didn't help much either. I definitely would not recommend this model to
anyone without a gift for improvising.

Great pictures Jack. The whole DIY thing is rather silly. I can't
tell you how many kits I've bought and had to get replacement
hardware. I bought a New Braunfels smoker years ago and had to drill
all the holes out bigger and use bigger and better nuts and bolts. I
had to have a bit of welding done because the wheels would have fallen
off.

Anyway I'd love to have your greenhouse. Have fun.

Lou