Old 18-12-2007, 03:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Global warming my ass!

On Dec 17, 9:10 am, wrote:
yeah...see the way it works is,we only have global warming in the
summer. i think this global warming thing is a way to scare people so
they can be controlled.. lucas

The part I like best is how everything to do with the climate now gets
attributed to global warming. If it's a hot summer, the news stories
talk about global warming. If it's a drought somewhere, it's global
warming. Floods, same thing. Even the recent colder than average
winter here in the northeast leads to more talk trying to link it to
global warming. Yet, a simple look at history shows that there have
been periods of major climatic events, eg the dust bowl in the midwest
of the 30's.

If you go do a search for global cooling, you'll find stories from the
70's when "experts" were equally convinced that the planet faced a
possible mini ice age from a cooling trend. And many similar
arguments were made, eg that due to modern science, they then had
computer models that showed it would happen.