Old 19-12-2007, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Robert Lorenzini Robert Lorenzini is offline

Default Woolly aphids or mealy bugs on Phal

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:11:39 -0800 (PST), Savor wrote:
I can manage. It can soak for at least 5 minutes. An interesting side
effect happened to some sick orchids that were left in my care. When I
came back to the soaking plant, on their way up to the top of the
plant were two slugs! Dunking orchids in soapy water or a chemical
bath should kill all breathing critters. This also should not disturb

Bush snails don't like to be under water either.

Bob