Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Grae

Default More Tomatoes

can i just have a bacon plant i already have chickens....but more seriously
the tomatoes should still ripen even as the plant dies, thats what ny wild
tomatoes do anyway
"Tom Elliott" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 20:32:51 +0800, "Willow"
wrote:

I have a 6ft cherry(?) tomato plant that, although covered in fruit at
various stages of ripeness, all of it's leaves have died. This plant
receives a deep soaking with a sprinkler set low right next to the stem &
allowed to spray water for about 15 mins twice a week. It also has a

mulch
of rotted grass clippings & horse manure. The plant receives full sun
throughout most of the day. I live in Perth & the soil is the usual grey
sand. Any ideas what is happening to the plant? Is it dying? It was

always
supposed to be a temporary plant & I suppose I shouldn't be disappointed
since it self-seeded, but it's still a bit of a let-down since I get a
thrill out of plants self-seeding in my garden since it generally means

that
birds visit it. I used to get all kinds of plants self-seeding in my old
garden, one in particular looked like a bacon & egg plant, but I'm not so
sure was... Anyway, back to the tomatoes, any ideas?

I'd certainly like a bacon and egg plant! Can't help you with your
tomato woes though..

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.