Old 19-12-2007, 06:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
SteveB[_4_] SteveB[_4_] is offline

Default Barking dog next door

"Bob F" wrote in message
news

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message
We have a dog next door that barks day and night. Owner won't do anything
about it.

I have heard there are devices that you can set up near the fence, and
when the dog barks, it emits an audio signal that hurts their ears but is
too high for humans to hear. The idea is to train the dog to stop
barking.

Anyone heard of such device?

Thanks in advance.

*******************************8

I have heard of such devices. Bought a little handheld one at a thrift
shop which was completely ineffective.

Check with your local animal control. Where I live, if the barking bothers
you, it is the animals owners responsibility to solve the problem. They
have a complaint process which gets the owner quick notification, and
tickets after multiple complaints.

Ultrasonic aids are available all over the place. They will work if you can
put it close to the dog. Camouflage it so it isn't obvious.

As for all the hooey about notification of the authorities, fergeddabout it.
I complained for months. Got a neighborhood arbitration face to face with
the creep, and then at the end, he refused to sign the papers he had agreed
to at the beginning of the meeting. We moved shortly after that. The dog
is probably still barking. In some communities, you can get more done, but
in some, they can't do dick.

Steve