Old 19-12-2007, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Our lethargic Robin ...........

"Anne Burgess" wrote in message
Don't bother with the clear plastic tube feeders, all the birds do is
scatter the seed all over the ground, they grow and you have a weed
problem.

If you remember to microwave each batch of seed for about a minute before
you put it into the feeder, the seeds will be inactivated and you won't
have a weed problem.

Anne

Thank you Anne. That means I can bring back into commission a feeder which I
haven't used for a long time. It is a Green Metal one which a curved plastic
front which fixes to a post. This one has a bar across the front so the
Robin might appreciate it ;-)

A pair of Bluetits have just been on the Peanuts. I am convinced they are
pairing up. Anyone else any thoughts on this?

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.