Old 20-12-2007, 02:39 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
dgk dgk is offline

Default Global warming my ass!

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:47:43 -0600, "Ryan P."
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:35:21 -0500, "Clark..."
wrote:

Clark... wrote:
I couldn't open my fricken door this morning for crying out loud, (no
it was not jammed shut with a 10 inch pine stick)
gonna be outside with my trustie 5hp 24inch Craftsman snow blower all
fricken day !
takes an hour or two to do the snow here in Southampton, then we are
off to Holyoke to clear the rental property, and then to dig out my
grandmothers car out , the whole deal is gonna take 5 hours I bet.
Al Gore should the hell up, what a moron...

Clark...

Two things,
1. could you tell my hands were cold and stiff when I typed the above? holy
crap...
2. Glad to see some guys in here don't buy into the Global warming thing.
but let's add to that, how about

California is going to fall into the ocean.

the Y2K joke. I worked for a good sized bank at the time and was on one of
the many Y2K testing and compliance teams.

spotted owls can only live in one kind of tree, then found nesting in a
store sign.

Clark...

Right, rip down all the ****ing trees, who cares? Dump more CO2 into
the oceans so they become more acidic and kill off the little beasties
that fish eat. Who cares? Well, maybe the folks that eat fish. And
anything else.

That's a bit of an extreme reaction, isn't it? Just because somebody
makes fun of whacko environmental extremists doesn't mean that they
think all nature should be burnt down.

Actually, virtually all scientists agree that the world is getting
warmer, and almost all agree that human activity is having an impact.
Even the lying *******s running our government sort of have to admit
it.

That's half false. Obviously, global warming occurs. However,
nothing approaching a majority of scientists agree that HUMANS are the
*main* factor.

Nope, the vast majority of scientists are in agreement. They're
worried, and that makes me worried. Oh, not personally. We'll all be
dead before anything really drastic occurs. Let's wait until the
evidence is agreed to 100% before we do anything, even if it's then
too late.