Old 20-12-2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Sunlight and Plants

In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

Billy, still ingesting to much of his home product.

Define "too much".

"Billy" wrote in message
In article
,
Mea505 wrote:

I apologize, Billy; although I agree with your dogmatic views about
the present administration, I don't get the link between what I typed
and then how you chose to respond. Perhaps there is something like an
"inside joke" going on within the group?

Mark

On Dec 20, 12:52 am, Billy wrote:
In article
,

Mea505 wrote:
Hello all:

I am a relatively new member of this group, and I looked over the
most
recent messages before I decided to write this post. I have a
question
dealing, specifically, with the general 'household plant," and the
degree of sunlight that is warranted for such plants.

Question: Is there a means by which one can identify those plants
that
require varying degrees of sunlight? Is there a mean of relating this
to the type of leaf, for example? And, if this is true, is it also
true that the typical "household plant" lights that one sees in local
stores are almost as effective as natural sunlight? If the answer is
"yes," or "perhaps," then would it be normal to think that one should
use such a light during the normal "rise and fall" of the sun
throughout the day, for example, during those days and weeks of
little
to no sunlight for various reasons.

Thanks,

Mark

You might Google, question dealing, specifically, with the general
"household plant". It's true you know about JSB. His hovercraft IS full
of eels. What are you wearing for Beltane's Day? Don't over dress;-)
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind
Barshttp://www.gallup.com/poll/102577/Half-Strongly-
Disapprove-Bush-Job-Performance.aspx- Hide quoted text -

First thing, I suggest is that you get a brain or use the one that came
with the original equipment.

Secondly, Dogmatic: Characterized by an authoritative, arrogant
assertion of unproved or unprovable principles. See Synonyms at
dictatorial. [Late Latin dogmaticus, from Greek dogmatikos, from dogma,
dogmat-, belief. See DOGMA.]

Shirley, you must have confused me with "Doo". From 2 stolen elections,
to fabricating a war for fun and profit, to overthrowing laws about
torture, to overthrowing the 800 year tradition of habeas corpus,
branding Bush as a fascist thug is far from dogmatic.

Still with me? You didn't google "degree of light warranted by general
household plant" did you? Why did you ask a question if you weren't
prepared to accept the answer? If you had googled "degree of light
warranted by general household plant", you may have noticed that it
generated 67,500 responses. What would that have suggested to you?

Then the question that you actually posed, "would it be normal to think
that one should use such a light (almost as effective as natural
sunlight) during the normal "rise and fall" of the sun throughout the
day, . . . " was predicated on three premises that were untested, which
would explain the 67,500 google responses.

Most posters to "wrecked gardens" enjoy aiding fellow gardeners but we
really aren't prepared for life support. I'm overjoyed that during this
season of good will, that you received some responses to your question
even though it seems that the responders put in more effort than you did.

(1) Google it.
(2) Ask one question at a time.

As for JoeSpareBedroom and his hover craft full of eels, I have seen it
myself, through the eyes of faith.

Lastly, during Beltane you don't want any untimely wardrobe
entanglements.

--
Bush Behind Bars

Billy