Old 20-12-2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default I'm back!

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Oh jeez, hide the women and children. We are now entering a hole in
reality. Reality, what a concept.

What's so "real" about reality?

You mean that since we only see a tiny part of the electromagnetic
spectrum and only hear a small fraction of the sound spectrum, not to
mention we have no ability to detect electric waves like a shark, and
totally lack any radar or sonar capability, more information gets by us
that we detect, that reality?

My reality is not your reality.

Not unless you are a 64 year old fat guy with cataracts. And the hits
just keep on comin'.
We all live in our own worlds and just share them with everyone else.
Philosophy is phun!

Even for the illiterate;-)

Especially during these days of PC behavior? ;-)

I don't know. A lot of it just seems like courtesy.

Changing "secretary" to "administrative assistant" seems silly to me,
but replacing -man with -woman or -person seems respectful.

There is a fine line between courtesy and idiocy. Imho anyhoo.
We need to keep it "real". A lot of "PC" denies human nature.

"Real" and "Human Nature" could be replaced with the words "traditional
values" and then where would radicals, like me, who deal with the "here
and now" be? Not that I don't like tradition, I do, but we seem to be
getting by just fine without slavery, women being denied the vote, or
homosexuals being forced into a closet, which at one time was based on
their "natures".

YMMV and all that. g

That's the beauty of gardening. Plants don't care about PC.

Like pets, they just want to be feed and watered on time.

And kept clean. :-)

Mine only gets washed just before being eaten;-)

Nor do they read the manuals. g

Me too. g

Being literate isn't everything.

lol

See? Your (and the plants!) own personal reality. :-)

Some people remark that my plants and I resemble ourselves. We are a
symbiosis. I feed them, they feed me, and we are all here together.:-)

My gardening is going slowly. Too cold to traipse around the garden.
Still have tomato cages that need to be pulled up.

I finally tried putting green tomatoes into a bag with a banana. Not
impressed. Green tomatoes ripened just as fast on the window sill.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.gallup.com/poll/102577/Half-Strongly-