Old 20-12-2007, 03:22 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Great Blue Heron - How Big of Fish Will They Eat?

http://tinyurl.com/2fx52l (same)

My pond was 8' x 8' x 2' to 4'.

I was thinking that another cheap way to make a cage for the netting
would be to construct it out of pvc pipe.
You get the gray (electrical) PVC and a bunch of elbows, and you can one
that also dismantles easily.
I'm going to try this for mine and will post pix.

Since GBH don't seem to be able to step over things, seems a run of heavy
duty fish line at knee height a foot from the pond would discourage it,
along with the netting, couldn't walk in close enough, and wouldn't fly
right down beside it. I could be wrong..... But it is cheap, and gardening
stakes would be all that is needed to assemble. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us