Old 21-12-2007, 05:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default Sunlight and Plants

"mor" wrote in message

Depending on the house hold plant you have . unless of crouse is very
special. house hold plant donot require alot of light.

It depends on the plant and what you mean by "a lot". I have seen many more
house plants that were not their best due to too little light than too much.

the only problem would be with watering.

Sorry I disagree. Watering house plants is one aspect of their culture that
is fairly easily controlled.

l have notices that during summer my plants tend
to weather off. leafs turning burn.

What sort of plants? What is your summer like? Do you have air-conditioning?
This could be not enough humidity, in their natural environment many house
plants like much more humidity in the air than humans find comfortable,
especially when it is hot.

l tend to keep them in the shade.
where do you leave?

I live in eastern Australia. The summer is very hot and often humid. The
winter is cool but does not snow.

David