Old 22-12-2007, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Lethargic Robin

In article , Sacha
writes

We are going through bank account loads of seed and fat-balls for the birds
right now and judging by the way they're golloping it down, they know
something we mortals might only suspect about the forthcoming winter!

Same here! I buy huge quantities from CJ Wildbird foods and yet it all
seems to disappear. I sometimes wonder how they manage to leave the bird
feeders and bird table!!
There is a new product I ma trying at the moment, it's a natural
additive to water to stop it freezing in the bird bath but it doesn't
harm the birds. |not sure what it is though.

Can't
you just chuck out sultanas and raisins for them Kate? Our local feed store
has run out of the largest s

We now have blue tits, sparrers, green finches, chaffinches, blackbirds,
owls, the occasional woodpecker, wrens, a few thrushes, coaltits and of
course, the ever squabbling and disputatious rooks in our rookery.

We have now also got pigeons which I don't want and a large number of
doves. Also long tailed tits have been around and a few wrens. However
I can't identify birds so there may well be tree creepers and dunnocks
in my list. I just don't realise !

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy