Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Helena

Default Mangos in WA

"Grae" wrote in message
I am in Northern suburbs (perth) and was recommended Kensington Pride as
it is the most adaptable.Mine has room for about a 10 m spread but

shouldnt
need it.Seamingly the growth season is our winter so it stunts them
somewhat.And just to show off i am waiting for my 1st fruits.The trees has
only been in 1 1/2 yrs and has quite a few (10 so far) on it, too small to
pick yet but Im still proud!!! Good luck!!

Okay, more info please! I put one in last year and it died a quick death.
What are your secrets for a successful mango????? We're on the coast.
Bloody windy! Is that a problem? Should I put it into a pot first perhaps?
Coax it along slowly, carefully, sheltering it until it grows strong before
sticking it into the garden to fend for itself against the wind and the
feral Perth ants? And where should I buy one? The ones I looked at last
week at Bunnings looked as if they had one root in the grave already. Is it
possible to buy them really big someplace versus the little stick you
usually get? We love mangoes. We'd love to grow our own.

Thanks for any advice,

Helena