Old 23-12-2007, 01:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Happy Solstice

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 2:39 PM, in article
, "Omelet"
wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 12:52 PM, in article
, "Frank"
frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

Don't mention drinking - not after that last bottle we opened last night -
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a tight head
now...

Vitamin B-12.
And Milk Thistle. ;-)

Lots of juice and herb tea.

Should get some B Complex, supposedly it will help my insomnia.

But milk thistle - that grows here...

It also comes in Extract capsules at both health food stores and in the
herbal section at Wal-mart. It has numerous health benefits, no side
effects, and is especially beneficial in protecting the liver from
alcohol abuse in many people. It's not 100%, but actual research on it
has shown it to be promising.

I know it works for me. ;-)

It's also helped me with insomnia and, most surprising, my chronic
issues with heartburn.

I DO want to grow it but have not seen any around for awhile. I need to
order some seeds. Supposed to make an excellent salad green and the
entire plant is edible. I'd like to try the young blooms. They are
supposed to taste a lot like artichoke if picked at the right stage and
steamed.

Considering Artichokes are naught but a giant thistle, it makes sense.
:-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein