Old 23-12-2007, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kate Kate is offline

Default Woolly aphids or mealy bugs on Phal

I am just so cross with myself! I picked up my phal to treat it as
per the advice and caught the flowering stem on another plant,
knocking one of the side stems off. It had at least four buds on it.
First time I`ve got a phal to re-flower and I go and do something like
that :-(

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year
Kate

"Kate" wrote in message
Up until now, I have been removing these fluffy, white things with a
wet paint brush. Obviously removal hasn`t been complete, as they
are
now gathering in the joints on a flower stem. Can I use a paint
brush
dipped in, for example, isopropyl, to kill them, please, without
damaging the plant?

Many thanks
Kate