Old 23-12-2007, 12:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Barking dog next door

"SteveB" wrote in message news:cetv35-
My mother-in-law buys me things at Big Lots that she thinks I need. One was
this little blue box about half the size of a pack of cigs. It has a 9v.
battery and a button. When you press the button, you don't hear anything, but
the dog does. I use it when my dogs are being hard headed, and when I work
and there's a dog that just won't STFU. It works on about half the dogs.
Trick is distance. Not expensive, and maybe what you need. Point it through
a slat or knothole, or hold it over the fence. When a dog gets something back
that's unpleasant for barking, they will usually back off with continual
training.

Sounds like the gadjet I tried from a thrift shop. I could see no effect on the
dog when I tried it.