Old 22-12-2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Great Blue Heron - How Big of Fish Will They Eat?

"Kurt" wrote in message
"Reel McKoi" wrote:
Yes. This would work with the side bends a little higher to keep the net
at
least 2' above and away the water at any one place.

What are the angles of the sides and top?

__________________
Elbows come in 90 and 45 degree angle, so 45 would be the choice. I just
whipped that up in Photoshop to show the concept.
Just go higher on the sides to compensate if angle is too severe.

=================================
I showed it to my husband and he said that would work. Right now it's a sea
of mud back there, we're trying to get ready for the holidays and had a
memorial service this weekend... it's overwhelming.

Now the *&^%$#@ GB is walking on the nets themselves trying to get the
sheets off covering the nets. These are smart birds. When we chase him off
he flys across the road to the 6000g pond there. That owner is about to
shoot the damn bird. They also have a huge net over their pond but this GB
will not stay away. He's managing to pull enough small fish through to stay
around. They also had some kind of large bird divebomb right through the
net (they replaced it). He had to go out and remove part of the net to
release the bird. He didn't know what kind of water bird it was. The
people on the other side of me gave up on fish years ago.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.