Old 23-12-2007, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Happy Solstice

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 12:52 PM, in article
, "Frank"
frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

Don't mention drinking - not after that last bottle we opened last
night
-
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a tight
head
now...

Fortunately, I never drink too much. I pass out first.

Vitamin B-12.
And Milk Thistle. ;-)

Not that I would know but you might try niacin. It maintain the levels
of alcohol dehydrogenase, the first step in detoxifying, uh, so I've
been told;-)

Niacin... shudders

Do some googling for studies on Milk Thistle.
It's better and it's not just anecdotal.

Calm sweet lady, it is more than antidotal.

http://cms.skidmore.edu/health/educa...alcohol-and-nu
trition.cfm

First, we are having some fun here and perhaps exaggerating a bit.

Ethanol is great fun for some of us, and a catastrophe for others. Some
of us rejoice in it, at the peril of others. I work in wineries.
Needless to say, there are no alcoholics. I don't say that derisively,
if you have that weakness, you can't function in a winery. I don't wish
to exalt ethanol. All I can say is that it is fun for ME. Hell, your the
one who doesn't want to be PC. That's all:-)

I tried to grow some milk thistle this year but it fell victim to the
"hounds from hell". We have a long front fence and the unfortunate plant
laid along the shortest trajectory from one end of the fence to the
other. Trample, trample, trample.

What was it that Hunter Thompson said, "Some people think of their
bodies as temples. I think of mine as an amusement park."

Laisse le bon temps roulé.

Happy solstice :-)
--

Billy