Old 23-12-2007, 11:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default What does your garden look like now?

On 12/22/07 10:50 PM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:20:49 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Mine is mostly covered with the 5-6 inches of snow that fell yesterday. In
a few hours, while I'm waiting at the bus stop, I'll take some shots of the
stuff poking above the snow.

Cheryl

Sorry to reply so late, I was away on retreat. That said, my garden
looks like it will be a lot more empty next spring. At least one can
hope. I never, not one time watered the garden this entire year. If
it lives, it stays. If it doesn't, so long.

I did the same.

Right now in Austin we still have temps near 70 during the day and
assorted from 40 to 60 at night. We must have had a light frost
because my tomatoes are fried. The greenhouse is up with the brugs
and citrus.

I'm headed there - I'm now under 2+feet of snow.

Next spring I really want to be sparse and more plannned. I want to
actually see mulch between plants. My garden will be made up of low
growing natives, yuccas, succulents, and rocks! The front gardens are
so overgrown right now I have no idea what survived under the weeds. I
can see cacti and yucca poking through, but not much else. It's all
under the weed debris. My neighbors love me, I'm sure. It is really
not fair to them.

I hear you.

End of January I have full knee replacement surgery so I can once
again wheel myself out and garden. My husband always tells me I am a
great planner and planter, but a horrible maintainer of gardens. So,
for me, less is more.

One or both knees. I think the time to do my left knee is rapidly
approaching.