Old 23-12-2007, 02:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Happy Solstice

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 12/22/07 12:52 PM, in article
, "Frank"
frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Billy wrote:
Happy Solstice :-)

Short day means long night - for drinking

Don't mention drinking - not after that last bottle we opened last
night
-
after three excellent merlots, the fourth was a dog and I have a
tight
head
now...
Fortunately, I never drink too much. I pass out first.

Vitamin B-12.
And Milk Thistle. ;-)

Not that I would know but you might try niacin. It maintain the levels
of alcohol dehydrogenase, the first step in detoxifying, uh, so I've
been told;-)

Niacin... shudders

Do some googling for studies on Milk Thistle.
It's better and it's not just anecdotal.

Calm sweet lady, it is more than antidotal.

http://cms.skidmore.edu/health/educa...alcohol-and-nu
trition.cfm

Alcohol abuse is no joke. I know that. ;-)

First, we are having some fun here and perhaps exaggerating a bit.

Ethanol is great fun for some of us, and a catastrophe for others. Some
of us rejoice in it, at the peril of others. I work in wineries.
Needless to say, there are no alcoholics. I don't say that derisively,
if you have that weakness, you can't function in a winery. I don't wish
to exalt ethanol. All I can say is that it is fun for ME. Hell, your the
one who doesn't want to be PC. That's all:-)

But there are (imho) many more that tend to depend on it for relaxation
whether or not they want to admit it to themselves. Therefore,
nutritional support is a very good idea and not hard to accomplish.
Vitamin B complex, Milk thistle and other anti-oxidants are beneficial.

"Functional alcoholism" is second only to caffeine addiction as a very
common factor in ill health in the US, and perhaps a good part of the
world.

Except for maybe sugar addiction.

I tried to grow some milk thistle this year but it fell victim to the
"hounds from hell". We have a long front fence and the unfortunate plant
laid along the shortest trajectory from one end of the fence to the
other. Trample, trample, trample.

Sounds like you have a Border Collie, or something similar. g I do too.
Fortunately, it's not expensive to purchase.

What was it that Hunter Thompson said, "Some people think of their
bodies as temples. I think of mine as an amusement park."

lol

A line from the movie "S.W.A.T." iirc. :-)

Laisse le bon temps roulé.

Happy solstice :-)

Indeed! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein