Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Andrew G

Default Green House

"Farea Saref" wrote in message
Hi friends
I have not experience enough for garden arts.
I read the word " Green house".
Please one tell me:
What's this ?, Used for what? and what's benefit for us?
and why?
Thanks.
Saref

It is similar to a glasshouse. A structure that has a green coloured plastic
over it, mostly see through. In it you keep plants.
Ever been to a nursery that has a section that my be in one of the
"greenhouses" or at least has green alsonite for roffing, giving a green
type of light coming through? That is similar.
I have seen shadehouses covered with a green shadecloth also called
greenhouses.

So basically it's used for putting plants in. It can be used as a step down
in the process of "hardening off". e.g. Plant comes from glasshouse,
greenhouse, then to a semi protected area, then full sun.

Also I have seen indoor plants inside these greenhouses, fern/rainforest
type ones too.

Hope that helps a bit

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply