Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Dwayne

Default Green House

In addition to what Andrew said about green houses, now the term is being
used more and more for all buildings, other than your home, used for raising
plants. The term will apply to the PVC framework covered with plastic
sheeting, or the expensive ones with glass or Plexiglas with
thermostatically controlled vents. The color of the plastic doesnt seem to
matter anymore. They all seem to be "green houses". Good luck. Dwayne

"Andrew G" wrote in message
"Farea Saref" wrote in message
Hi friends
I have not experience enough for garden arts.
I read the word " Green house".
Please one tell me:
What's this ?, Used for what? and what's benefit for us?
and why?
Thanks.
Saref

It is similar to a glasshouse. A structure that has a green coloured

plastic
over it, mostly see through. In it you keep plants.
Ever been to a nursery that has a section that my be in one of the
"greenhouses" or at least has green alsonite for roffing, giving a green
type of light coming through? That is similar.
I have seen shadehouses covered with a green shadecloth also called
greenhouses.

So basically it's used for putting plants in. It can be used as a step

down
in the process of "hardening off". e.g. Plant comes from glasshouse,
greenhouse, then to a semi protected area, then full sun.

Also I have seen indoor plants inside these greenhouses, fern/rainforest
type ones too.

Hope that helps a bit

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply