Old 25-12-2007, 03:06 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Great Blue Heron - How Big of Fish Will They Eat?

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 21:41:29 CST, falcon
wrote:

No, but I visited your website and found your email address, so I'll
send you a PM.

Got them... and wow, one would hate to net or doing anything to distract
from that loveliness. Ever try a motion sprinkler? So far so good here
using them.

Nice site,

Thanks. :-)

BTW, especially the hawk vs the heron
picture. We have barred owls and red-shouldered hawks which also
frequent our pond, so maybe they'll help out with heron control. I
have actually discouraged the barred owls when I've seen them in the
past, as I saw one catching and eating one of our 6" Yamabuk Ogons, but
I'll take the owl over the heron any day.

We had a Great Horned owl up in the neighbors tree sleeping a couple weeks
ago. I didn't remember your owl story... course the ponds are currently
screened so well protected right now. Just have to remember those are
around. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us