Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
lambertia

Default Killing Black birds (and birds of prey)

"susannah" wrote in message ...
Where are you? urban sprawl, or other??

You might be surprised to find you have Antechinus living nearby. I am in
deepest Suburbia in Sydney, just near Parramatta, and we get Antechinus in
our yard quite often.

They turn their victims inside out and leave the skin. Quite a clever way
to eat something really

Not forgetting Bush Rats (Rattus fuscipes), they'll have a gnaw on anything
moving or still! lol

"S.. McLaren" wrote in message
"susannah" wrote in message news:h2WL9.375

birds would be harmed, I beg to differ. IF the blackbirds die somewhere
other than your property, perhaps a bird of prey or

carnivourous/omnivorous
creature might ingest said dead blackbird.... If enough poisoned animals

are
ingested then the level of poison builds and can kill the consumer.

Apart from my brother-in-law and a family of foxes, I don't know of any
other meat eating animals in my area!

I forgot to add the web site! WWW.floraforfauna.com.au. Worth a look