Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Willow

Default sandy soil

Hi Casey

how about buying some composted mulch to add to the soil? It'll stop it
blowing around, help it retain moisture so it doesn't become water repellant
& will gradually build the soil up. I'd suggest starting a compost heap asap
using lawn cuttings, leaf litter, veggie scraps etc Basically anything, bar
sticks, that comes out of your garden.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~
Casey Herman wrote in message
Hi!

I'm new to this group and gardening in general. We've just landscaped our
new house, and replaced the clay that was originally there with a sandy

type
of top soil containing chook poo. My problem is that this soil is so dry
that the stuff blows everywhere on windy days. What's the best way to give
the soil some "bulk" so that it will stay put? I've still got some of the
original clay that we've removed.

Regards,

Casey Herman
Melbourne