Old 26-12-2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.music.classical.guitar, sci.bio.botany
Tashi Tashi is offline

Default Creating brazilian rosewood out of other materials?

On Dec 26, 11:43*am, Benoit Meulle-Stef wrote:
98% of the so called German Cellos are premade Chinese cellos... I
even got a friend who just spend his time finding new Chinese cellos
for German makers... The only differnce in them are the price tag I'm
afraid...
Benoit

I bought a Hoffner cello thinking it was German made, that is sad to
hear! Is there no intergerity left in this world?

A few years ago I started carrying some student guitars, and had the
choice of getting some Chinese made ones, or Spanish made, I got the
Spanish. They have held up extremely well, compared to some of the
horror stories I've heard about Chinese made guitars.

Two days ago, fellow brought by a Chinese factory made Smallman copy
guitar that had a huge crack down the soundboard.

MT