Old 27-12-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Is My Dogwood Doomed?

expounded:

I have five other dogwoods, of the same exact variety, in my yard and
all are doing extremely well. Two of them are over 20-foot tall.
None are in "dappled" sunlight.

Patrick

That may be true, but that isn't an ideal situation for them. Dogwoods
are an understory plant happiest in dappled shade. If you've got one
that's stressed by disease then the sun is really going to bother it.
I've got anthracnose on the dogwoods in this yard and they're doing
pretty well, all things considered, because they are on the edges
under other trees.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts