Old 27-12-2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Is My Dogwood Doomed?

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
I asked not because of disease, but because I know NOTHING about whether
his tree is one that is found growing wild in Florida, and if so, whether
it grows WELL, or just sort of eeks out a sad existence. My only exposure
to dogwoods is in NY, and the ones that grow beautifully aren't in the
middle of a lawn. They're in the woods, under bigger trees, in dappled
sunlight with a nice thick layer of duff on the forest floor.

I am just shaking my head yes. from anything I have ever read or heard,
Joe, it seams they require the conditions you mentioned. I'll bet they
also do well with nurse logs.

No idea. But, springtime around here is amazing in certain parks. The
dogwoods and rhododendrons are astoundingly gorgeous.