Old 27-12-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.music.classical.guitar, sci.bio.botany
Tashi Tashi is offline

Default Creating brazilian rosewood out of other materials?

On Dec 26, 12:56*pm, John Sorell wrote:
Tashi wrote in news:bea85a55-b613-4b7d-b013-
:

On Dec 26, 11:43*am, Benoit Meulle-Stef wrote:
98% of the so called German Cellos are premade Chinese cellos... I
even got a friend who just spend his time finding new Chinese cellos
for German makers... The only differnce in them are the price tag I'm
afraid...
Benoit

I bought a Hoffner cello thinking it was German made, that is sad to
hear! Is there no intergerity left in this world?

Michael,

How did the retailer represent the country of origin for the cello?

John Sorell

*A few years ago I started carrying some student guitars, and had the
choice of getting some Chinese made ones, or Spanish made, I got the
Spanish. They have held up extremely well, compared to some of the
horror stories I've heard about Chinese made guitars.

* Two days ago, fellow brought by a Chinese factory made Smallman copy
guitar that had a huge crack down the soundboard.

MT- Hide quoted text -

John, he said it was German made. I got it from Howard Core. They
were advertised at $3900.00 as opposed to the Chinese that were
probably half the price. I guess technically if you assemble the thing
in Germany with Chinese made parts you can pass it off as German made?
MT