Old 26-12-2007, 10:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Tea leaves

wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Andy Petro;764556 Wrote:
Are used tea leaves good as a fertilizer ?

Hi Andy,

Yes, go ahead and add tea leaves to your compost. But for goodness sake
DON'T include any tea bags as they take years to rot down. Once in the
soil they're just about there to stay and will constantly stick on your
fork when diigging. I know as the previous owners of my garden always
put used tea bags in their compost bin.

That's odd. I dump several teabags into my compost every day.
And they don't seem to last very long.

ditto. Provided there is moisture and worms the tea bags will go quickly.
Leaving them in dry soil will have the tea bags hang around for quite a
time. In the compost is the best idea. Besides, who far easier than
shredding each tea bag individually.

rob