Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Leanne

Default Walking into spider webs

This has nothing to do with the original query but reminds me of one of
those 'aint kids cute' storties.

My 7 year old daughter's teacher saw me one day and amidst a gale of
laughter told me about something she had said...

Picture this... my daughter racing into the classroom yelling...

"Miss Thompson...Miss Thompson.... there's a husband spider in the toilet"

Such a simple confusion of words created such an innocently funny moment.

"Peter and Susan" wrote in message

"Just a little bit" wrote in message

BTW, the Golden Orb Weaver can be trained. Last year I had one that

made
a web
across a path. I broke it. It remade it so I broke it again. The next

day it
spun a new web much higher so I left it alone.

I noticed a couple of mine doing the same thing.

Have you ever tried making a spider web print? I've heard that if you

spray
paint it then press a piece of paper against it while the paint is still
sticky.

Good luck,

Susan