Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default OT - Replacing a Shower Head

"Willow" wrote in message
Hi

What's the best way to clean rust & hard water grime off a pipe thread

in
the shower? I need to replace the shower head, but the replacement

bits
won't fit, despite the thread being the same size.

Any ideas? I'm onto my second application of CLR, don't know what to

try
after that.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

I doubt that a build up of grime is the cause of the problem. If an old
fitting came off then the new fitting of the correct type should go back
on with little or no effort. I think that the fitting you have is not
the correct thread. As somebody else said you may need to replace the
whole arm (if it has an arm) as joints internal to a proprietary
assembly may not be compatible with standard fittings.

If you cannot work it out call a plumber as forcing the wrong fitting on
will just damage your existing plumbing and make the job more expensive
to finish.

David