Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Gary Slusser

Default OT - Replacing a Shower Head

"Master Plvmber" wrote
You need to change the shower arm!
It is a simple procedure and costs less than one container of CLR.

Master Plvmber

"Willow" wrote in

message
Hi

What's the best way to clean rust & hard water grime off a pipe

thread in
the shower? I need to replace the shower head, but the replacement

bits
won't fit, despite the thread being the same size.

Any ideas? I'm onto my second application of CLR, don't know what to

try
after that.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

circumstances
garden gnome
http://www.2000cn.com.au/~willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~

That’s ridiculous, replacing a shower arm because of scale buildup. What
if she then has a leak inside the wall. She should take a plastic
sandwich bag and put enough CLR in it to immerse the area on the shower
arm in the CLR as she attaches the bag to the shower arm and then leave
it immersed for a few hours if need be. Or, holding the shower arm from
turning, run a female fitting on the arm and clean the threads that way
before putting the new head on using Teflon tape naturally. It might be
plumbers’ putty too, damned stuff anyway.

Gary
Quality Water Associates