Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Tom Elliott

Default Passionfruit questions

Hi all,

I purchased some passionfruit seedlings today, planning to make use of
some underutilised fence which is in a sunny spot.

I looked at trellises to support it, however the wooden ones are quite
expensive, and it's a fairly long fence - covering it would be
prohibitively expensive.

Wire mesh is far cheaper (I can do a whole 10M fence for about
$50.00). I plan to use these, spaced out from the fence with wooden
slats. However, I have no idea what sort of gauge wire mesh, and what
sort of wire spacing would be best. Any suggestions?

Also, what sort of spacing should the plants have from each other?

Tom

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.