Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
silvasurfa

Default OT - Replacing a Shower Head

"Willow" wrote in message
Thanks for that everyone. I managed to get the bit on. The second round of
CLR & fitting the part onto the pipe must have done it. I've stuck with

the
old plate on the wall as I couldn't fit the new part to the new plate,
although I've noticed a slight drizzle of water coming out at the wall so

may well give it another go. Or maybe I'll just ask mum's partner to take

look at it on the weekend.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

You might need to use a bit of plumbers tape. Imagine that plasticky sort of
dental floss but made really thin (almost transparent) and wide (1cm)... not
much to the stuff but when you wind it round a thread before putting a
fitting on, it seals somewhat like a washer or o-ring. Not hugelly
expensive, but if you only need a bit it might be best to borrow someone
else's. If you need to buy some go to any hardware store.