Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Walking into spider webs

"ruth" wrote in message

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has the problem of spider webs
everywhere. These are quite big spiders, like huntsmen, and i always
thought that they were harmless. (i was amazed the other day watching
one, which was probably down on its luck after i'd removed it's web,
being attacked by a penny lizard, half its size).

We're always walking into their semi-transparent webs, a horrible
feeling, and they come back religiously. On the way home last night i
went the long way and walked through one between the neighbours
(presently vacant) fence and the tree.

Does anyone know how to control them? I don't want to drive them

inside
on any account!

--

The method I use is to walk along waving a stick in front of me chanting
OMMMMMM.......

The chanting doesn't do anything to the spiders or the web but it makes
you calmer so that when you miss a web with the stick and walk into it
you don't feel so bad.

David