Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Peter and Susan

Default Pergola ideas

Hi there,

We're looking at putting in some sort of shade structure for our BBQ area.
He (my other half) isn't keen on shade sails, I have concerns about the
traditional tacked onto the house wood structure. So we need to toss up a
few different ideas before we get into the serious stage of talking to a
builder.

The basic details for our place is - we are on the Gold Coast. The area of
our house we are looking at is on the western side of the house. Heat is a
problem in summer, 'cold' can be a problem in winter (we live on the eastern
side of a hill, direct sunlight disappears about 4.30ish in winter). The
area doesn't need to be weather proofed but we would like some sun
protection. At the moment we have a couple of self cleaning palms which
provides some shade in the late afternoon in summmer.

I was appreciate it if anyone had dealt with this problem before, and if you
had any advice, tips or comments. I've checked out several websites (there
are a lot of 'Stratco Outbacks' out there - No thanks!).

TIA
Susan