Old 29-12-2007, 01:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_16_] Jonno[_16_] is offline

Default Hawaiian Passionfruit

David Hare-Scott wrote:
"George W. Frost" wrote in message
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
"George W. Frost" wrote in message
but if you insist, I will try to get some from a friend in Hawaii

Perhaps a check first with AQIS to see if such can be brought in?

David

Easy done, he can stuff them into his shoes, then the seeds will be able to
get a foothold in the ground when he gets here

Perhaps if he plants his feet.

The point is that foreign plant diseases etc can be introduced if proper care
is not taken with seeds and plant material.

David

Why bother messing when you can buy them locally?
See here...
http://www.daleysfruit.com.au/fruit%...ssionfruit.htm
Passion fruit actually grow in the wild in australia these days, and in
the back of my mind there is a story which tells me some varieties might
be local varieties, not originated from Brazil.. But I'm not sure....
Will check some more, and get back to you later.