Old 29-12-2007, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter Larry Stoter is offline

Default Passion Flower Won't Flower ....

For the last 4 years, we have had three tender/semi-tender passion
flowers in large pots in our conservatory. All three are vigorous,
producing plenty of leaves and vines.

The conservatory is not heated but faces SW and gets plenty of sun. It's
against the house on 2 sides, so the temperature never drops to lower
than ~5 deg C. In summer, it can get very hot.

Two ('Incense' and racemosa(?)) flower well. The third, alata (?) -
large, unlobed leaves, square section vines with distinct ridges along
the corners, still shows no signs of flowering after 4 years.

The two that flower well tend to drop a large proportion of their leaves
during the winter but shoot again in spring without any problem, going
on to flower well. Alata holds on to most of its leaves.

Any suggestions on getting the non-flowering plant to flower?
--
Larry Stoter