Old 29-12-2007, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Greenhouse Heaters using Central Heating Oil

"Bookworm" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a greenhouse heater that works off Central Heating
Oil?. I have a tank full of CH Oil and it is a pain in the backside to
keep filling my heater with parrafin. I was thinking if I could link
it up with the CH Oil Tank it would save a lot of hassle.

CH oil is essentially diesel. It does not ignite at atmospheric pressure.

Heaters which use such oil, and old engine oil, do exist, but are probably
not for domestic G/H use. The only ones I've seen are industrial and
expensive.

A diesel car would run nicely on it, but HM customs won't like you, and
anyway, it wasn't me who told you that. No, no, not me.

Steve